Grant Applications Closed for 2017-2018 School Year
2017-2018 Grant Application Process
Bent Tree Foundation Teacher/School Grant – Student Scholarship Committee Mission Statement . . .
To enhance the learning environment and education of both students and/or teachers in the Pickens County School cluster by providing resources that enrich and extend educational opportunities and, in turn, contribute to students’ success in the future.
Grant Award Process
- Review the application guidelines carefully.
- Complete the Grant Application.
- Grant applications are due August 25, 2017 and will be reviewed in September.
- Applicants will be notified of award decisions following completion of the application review process in September, 2017.
Grant Evaluation Information
The Bent Tree Foundation will make grant funds available to individuals and groups for projects or programs that support academics in the public schools of the Pickens County School Cluster (Harmony, Hill City, Jasper, and Tate Elementary Schools – Jasper and Pickens County Middle Schools – and Pickens High School) as stated in the Foundation’s Mission Statement. Grants must directly benefit students in one or more of the Pickens County cluster schools. Grants may be partially or fully funded at the discretion of the Grant Review Sub-committee with Foundation Board approval.
A partial list of the criteria used in the evaluation of grant applications includes:
- Does the project or program support the Mission of the BTF Teacher/School Grant – Student Scholarship Committee?
- Is the project creative or unique?
- Will the project benefit a large population of students?
- Does the project focus on a particular need not addressed by the school system or other government source?
- Does the itemized budget contain sufficient data?
- Have equipment prices been researched and firm quotes obtained?
- Is the project an ongoing or short-term project?
- How will plans for the project be executed if funded?
- Is the project seeking additional funding from a variety of sources?
Individuals or organizations that can offer projects to promote academics in the public schools of the Pickens County School Cluster are eligible to apply for grants including:
- School staff, teachers, support staff, administrators
- Students and student organizations
Only applicants that meet the criteria established by the Bent Tree Foundation Grant and Scholarship Committee and have provided ALL information will receive consideration for awards. The BTF Grant and Scholarship Committee will evaluate applications and awards. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only funded projects will be publicly disclosed. Unfunded applications will be held in strict confidence. Applications will not be returned.
Obligations of the Grantee:
- The applicant is responsible for using the monies for the purposes detailed in the application.
- The applicant assumes responsibility for all expenses and liabilities associated with the project.
- The applicant must insure that the project complies with Pickens County Public School rules and regulations prior to submission of the application.
- The local school Principal must provide a statement of support in the appropriate section and the application must be signed by the Principal.
- Applicants may be asked for an interview to discuss their proposal with the BTF Grant and Scholarship Committee and may be asked to provide a demonstration of their fund project or program upon completion.
- All grant recipients must provide the Bent Tree Foundation Grant and Scholarship Committee with an “End of Project” report summarizing all pertinent aspects of the project along with a photo illustrating the project. Failure to do so will result in their not being eligible to apply again until the obligation is met.
- All items purchased with Foundation funds shall remain the property of the school indicated on the application or the Bent Tree Foundation. This includes all materials, software, hardware, books, etc.
- The applicant agrees to allow the Bent Tree Foundation Grant and Scholarship Committee to publicize information regarding their project once a grant has been awarded.
- Incomplete or incorrect applications will not be eligible for consideration. The Foundation reserves the right to modify the award process at any time.
Mail completed applications to:
Bent Tree Foundation, Inc.
744 Noah Drive, Suite 113-#184
Jasper, GA 30143
If you need further assistance contact us at email@example.com or 770-406-7850.
Applications must be received by the Foundation and postmarked on or before the deadline.
Application Deadline August 25, 2017
Applications may be turned in any time prior to the application deadline.